Share | 

The internet misadventures of the little PigCell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PigCell
chS/member

Flag : Germany

Clan : chS

PostSubject: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:58 pm

As you are probably all aware, I've been having quite a bit of trouble with my ISP. It's the reason I'm not as active in OA/AS as I'd like to be, and the problem as grown from being a slight inconvenience to a major annoyance. So here is a little recap of what happened to me for you all to laugh at/cry over.

At first, my connection got interrupted a bit often. I was worried that my hardware might be at fault, so I swapped routers etc. to rule out failures on my side. The next day things would be fine, so I thought it was a fluke and left things as they were. It kept happening, though. So I called tech support. After jumping through the hoops (they suggested things like "did you try resetting your router" or "is your computer plugged in") they promised to look into the problem. I soon got a text on my phone that the problem was fixed.

It wasn't of course. All they did (I suspect) is when the ticket was up, they checked whether I was connected and I probably was at the time, so they discarded it. The same thing happened again the next time I called. Eventually they sent me a replacement DSL/phone splitter, a passive element, which I thought was a long shot, but it sounded reasonable enough, so I installed it - to no avail. Remember I told them both times that I had intermittent disconnects, not problems connecting in the first place. After all that didn't help, they finally decided it was time to send a technician. Instead of getting back to me instead I got yet another text of the problem being fixed. I was really busy at work at the time so I didn't immediately bitch at them. More than a week had passed since my first call at that point.

Eventually they ended up sending out a techie. Of course he arrived when I wasn't home, but at least he called me beforehand, so I could arrange for someone being there to let him in. During that phone call I explained the problem to said techie in detail. This is an important detail, because at first they asked me whether my phone line was also disconnecting at times, which wasn't the case at all. They knew this. So what did the techie do while he was there? Nobody knows. Apparently he thought my phone box was interrupting the signal, but instead of testing that by, I don't know - unplugging it?? - he left me a spare ISDN phone box. Plugging that one in and testing it took me a whopping 30s. Why he didn't test that while he was RIGHT THERE IN MY HOUSE is beyond me.

So I called them again to ask them what the fuck the techie did. Nobody knew. They couldn't ask either, because apparently said techie wasn't in. Oh well, at least they kept the obligatory 'you already tried switching your router off and on again, right?' to a minimum. They called me back the next day saying 'we need to send a technician'. Oh boy, I wonder if I get another spare phone box. All the while my internet has been a pile of steaming feces. I'll keep you updated on the "progress" that this huge, glorious company is no doubt making.

Flag : Italy

Clan : SoS

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:24 pm

your isp is the telecom/alice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PigCell
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Kraig wrote:
your isp is the telecom/alice?
It's the German telecom "Deutsche Telekom"... they are the biggest fail in the entire western hemisphere.

chS/co-leader

Flag : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 am

Piggieeeeeeeeeee
I don't know what to say - can't you change the provider ? Cause here if you have that problem - you just wait for the contraction time end and you tell em "F**K**F B*****S I am switching your services" now is the time I ask you:
Did you tried resterting it Very happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
c:fx
chS/member

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 am

PigCell wrote:
I was worried that my hardware might be at fault, so I swapped routers etc. to rule out failures on my side.

good old Ranchid probably would ask "have u tried to replace the network-cables as well??"

PigCell: best advise to get it "solved" quick. Move out and elsewhere!!! maybe just one block apart or even in the same street Wink Wink Razz

Fuck deutsche Telekom. i might still gotta use this fuckin "T-Online Startcenter" until i move out^^
(so i cant install linux here, got to move my pc to a normal i-net-con)

good luck and patience anyhow!

chS/member

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 am

Piggie you gotta try it really agressive after sometime they are so afraid they will stay until everything is fine again (at least on my part it was the case) after I went to one of their Support Building thingos. Also Piggie what kind of connection you have from Telekom like I had the reciever and shit and it interfered so everytime I turnt this on it was like I would run my internet over a fuckin Dial-Up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kraig

Flag : Italy

Clan : SoS

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:44 pm

pigcell, my past experience, the continuing disconnection are almost always caused by your isp, after you check the filters if they are defective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The internet misadventures of the little PigCell   

Back to top Go down

The internet misadventures of the little PigCell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1